Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Changing colors

Fall is an amazing time of year. I have never realized just how much I enjoy the season. Perhaps it is because now that I'm not in school I have time to "stop and smell the roses." Or maybe it is because the changes in the season are coinciding with the changes in my life. Either way, I'm really enjoying watching the trees change. The colors of the trees are beautiful all day, but they are the most beautiful in the morning when the sun is just coming up. This morning the sun was this amazingly warm pink color and the way it reflected off the reds and oranges of the trees was perfectly calming. Everyday, lately, on my way to work I've been thinking about how I'd love to take pictures of the scenes I drive past, but I'm not sure that I want to do all that driving on a Saturday morning that early. I know it won't be the same later in the day. It's still beautiful in the afternoon, but it is nothing like it is in the morning.

So many people have made comments in passing to me about the fall being different from now on because I wouldn't be starting school. I admit that the season has been far from anyone prior to it, but I am really quite enjoying it. I'm not crazy about waking about at 5:45 a.m., -- really who is -- but I am loving that on Saturday I can do whatever I want and not feel guilty that I wasn't doing work. This past weekend was the perfect fall weekend, and I was actually able to enjoy it. There was no homework, work, cross country or anything like that to keep me from spending the day I wanted. It was great! I could get used to this.