Sad songs are interesting. They have a strange power about them. While they bring you down, maybe make you cry, make you get introspective, you can't help but listen to them over and over again. On my drive home tonight, I was listening to Neko Case's cover of Don't Forget Me. Before I knew it, I had listened to the song at least eight times and was crying. I remember the first time I listened to it I was about two blocks from work and all over a sudden had this over whelming emotional reaction. I don't know what hit me that first time, but now the song makes me think of a variety of people and events -- lost friends, missed opportunities, things I never said.
Songs that make me cry, no matter how hard I try not to:
1. Neko Case- Don't Forget Me
2. Jimmy Buffet- Little Miss Magic
3. Mariah Carey- Hero
Don't make me cry, but might as well because they make me think of sad things, yet I love them and can't stop listening to them:
1. I'm From Barcelona- Treehouse
2. Patsy Cline- Crazy
3. Bonnie "Prince" Billy- Easy Does It
Learning To Make Indian Food, Take Two
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment