I decided for lent I was going to give up caffeine. My initial thought was to give up drinking coffee, but then I realized on Wednesday I hadn't had any coffee since Saturday because I've been on a big tea kick lately. I didn't make the decision until right after I filled up my tea at work on Wednesday, but after that cup I was done. Since about 10 a.m. on Wednesday I haven't had any caffeine.
I read an article yesterday that said the headache associated with caffeine withdrawal could last anywhere from one to five days. At first I was a little concerned about this, but then decided it probably would only last a day and didn't worry. Boy was I wrong. Sure I'm only on day two, but I've had a headache for two days now. What's even worse is my preferred headache medicine is Exedrin; the main ingredient in Exedrin is caffeine. I'm also exhausted. I probably could have gone to bed at 7:30 last night.
I told my friend, Claire, last night about my Lenten plan. Her response: so I should just avoid you for the next 40 days? So far I'm not moody or anything like that though, just tired and have a headache. Really, that's no different than most days, I guess.
It's really good that I don't have a heroin addiction or something like that. I can barely handle caffeine withdrawal, imagine what I would be like if I was coming down off something like that!
Learning To Make Indian Food, Take Two
8 years ago
1 comment:
You're a brave soul.
I bet it'd be easier if we didn't work in cube farms.
Post a Comment