Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Irish eyes are smiling

Tomorrow I head out on vacation. Where to? Why Ireland! I'm going with a good friend from college and two of her friends who live in Tennessee, where she has since moved. I'm pretty excited for the trip. I've been wanting to go back to somewhere in Europe since I got back from my work trip to Germany a little over a year ago. And this time, no work!! It's just straight fun.

Many people have asked me, why Ireland in January. Well, simply it is fairly inexpensive to go in January. We had originally wanted to be there over New Years/my birthday, but that was about double the cost. A co-worker asked me, "Why Ireland?" yesterday. I struggled to not respond with, "Why not?" He then went on to explain that most people who visit Ireland are going to research family ties and such. So I said, well my friend and I are both Irish so ya know. It was weird. How about because Ireland seems like a nice place to visit and everyone I've ever known who has been there can't shut up about how fantastic it is?

Don't worry I'll have a few Guinness for you! Slanche!

No comments: