Despite being ecstatic about moving downtown, I was a little nervous about what it would do to my commute to work. So far it hasn't been too bad at all. There was a week where there was a ton of traffic getting into the city, but for the most part it hasn't been all that bad. I only have to leave a little earlier in the morning, and best of all I discovered they opened a Dunkin' Donuts not too far from me. The crowd in Dunkin' Donuts at 6 a.m. is an interesting one. They're not just stopping in quickly on their way to work like I am; they've been there for awhile sitting and chatting when I show up.
Living in the city has been great. I've done more in the month and a half I've been living downtown than I probably did the whole rest of the summer. It's worth the extra money and the extra time in the car in the morning. Every Saturday morning there is a farmers market in Cathedral Square. I've gone and walked through a few times. Every Thursday in the summer there's Jazz in the Park right outside my door. On Sunday's I journey over to the East Side and study for the GRE at Altera. The lake is only a short four block walk away. I can basically walk anywhere I could possibly need to go, other than work of course. Concerts, drinks, dinners, I've done it all since moving down here. This girl belongs in the city.
Learning To Make Indian Food, Take Two
8 years ago